My story...

My photo
Hi~ My name is Michele! My blog started out being about Reiki, which is energy work, but has evolved into so much more than that. Yes I still do Reiki and it is just one tool that keeps me on my journey to my authentic happy self. Do we every really get to the point where we are finished working on ourselves....well that is a good question but for me the answer is no....I work every day on being the happiest I can possibly be....I remind myself to be thankful for this moment right now...my blog is full on inspirational thoughts to help others on their journey to their authentic happy self! So read and enjoy and never stop working on you....you can't change others but you can change yourself! Be well..be happy..be blessed~

Monday, December 31, 2012


As I prepare for another New Year's Eve I want to stop and really take the time to reflect on my life.  On October 31, 2012 I had a major abdominal reconstruction surgery and I ended up with blood clots in my heart & lungs and in intensive care for 3 days....it was a weird and scary time for me but now I am home and healing nicely....what I got from this whole thing is that life is short....we say this all the time but  do we really take the time to enjoy life & be happy? When someone dies young or in an accident we say "life is short" it reminds us to focus on ourselves but as time goes on we just don't.

We are quick to get back to the normal life of work..bills...stress...fighting & family/friends drama....I am not here to preach or to make a new resolution I just want to be the reminder that life really is short and can be over in an instant....so live...love.....laugh & truely enjoy your days! Ever minute is really a blessing....when I really thought I was going to die I promised myself to do things differently but guess what it has been 8 weeks and I sometimes find myself slipping back into my old habits....so I am not saying it is easy to change things about your life but it is worth putting in the effort!

So start today.....put you first...work on you not someone else and just never give up....life is a journey so enjoy it!

Be well..be happy..be blessed~

No comments:

Post a Comment