My story...

My photo
Hi~ My name is Michele! My blog started out being about Reiki, which is energy work, but has evolved into so much more than that. Yes I still do Reiki and it is just one tool that keeps me on my journey to my authentic happy self. Do we every really get to the point where we are finished working on ourselves....well that is a good question but for me the answer is no....I work every day on being the happiest I can possibly be....I remind myself to be thankful for this moment right now...my blog is full on inspirational thoughts to help others on their journey to their authentic happy self! So read and enjoy and never stop working on you....you can't change others but you can change yourself! Be well..be happy..be blessed~

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The New Year~

The new year is just around the corner....this year don't make a resolution....make a change! Start now planning your game plan...I started months ago by de-cluttering my home and soul. My plan for the new year is to focus on life not things....by getting rid of all the clutter in your home and heart you live a different kind of life. They call it becoming a minimalist and there are many degrees to being a minimalist some people take it to the extreme and only keep 100 possessions but for me I choose to be a functioning minimalist I keep only things that I love and make me happy....not things just to say I have "things". I love my laptop and sharing my positive attitude with others on FB so to me my laptop is something that I love....you get the idea. For each of us it is something different....we all have different things that make us happy so just start small....maybe start in one closet and then another....start on one wall and then move on. I took almost everything off of my walls and replaced them with pictures of my family...for me that makes me happy.

Working on de-cluttering your heart and soul is a little trickier but it can be done....for me the easiest way was by living in the moment....not the past or the future just in the now...by doing this I don't re-hash the past or worry about the future!

This may not be for everyone and there are many ways of doing it but I think you get the idea!

Here's to an early Happy New Year because it is going to be a great year for all of us....and I know that for sure because if you get out of bed every day then you have more to be thankful for than you even know....and I can say that from experience because it wasn't to long ago I was laying in intensive care wondering if I was going to live or not.....so each day I get out of bed I am grateful!

Be well..be happy..be blessed~

No comments:

Post a Comment