My story...

My photo
Hi~ My name is Michele! My blog started out being about Reiki, which is energy work, but has evolved into so much more than that. Yes I still do Reiki and it is just one tool that keeps me on my journey to my authentic happy self. Do we every really get to the point where we are finished working on ourselves....well that is a good question but for me the answer is no....I work every day on being the happiest I can possibly be....I remind myself to be thankful for this moment right now...my blog is full on inspirational thoughts to help others on their journey to their authentic happy self! So read and enjoy and never stop working on you....you can't change others but you can change yourself! Be well..be happy..be blessed~

Friday, March 21, 2014

I am 50 years old...my body has been thru so many changes...my weight isn't what I want it to be but you know what.....I love my body....just like it is!

Learning to love the body you have at this moment is the best gift you can give to yourself. Media in all forms send images to our brains that if we aren't a certain weight with certain hair or skin or eyes or shape that there is something that we need to do to fix ourselves. They have a million different ways to fix us from make-up to surgery to pills or to a new exercise program or diet.

Well I am here to tell you that you are perfect just the way you are...you should look in the mirror every morning or every time you pass a mirror and say to yourself...."I love you" "I love my body just the way it is". This body is a gift to us...it gets us thru everyday!

I have been trying for several years to lose the extra weight my body carries around every day....not because I want to look better but because I want to be healthier and feel better. Now almost 2 years later I am not the weight I want to be but my body is healthier than I probably have ever been. Feeling better is the best reward for living a healthy life style! No I haven't perfected this new healthy life style but I work at it every day. Old habits are hard to break but never giving up is the solution.

Loving my body has always been easy for me for some reason...even at my heaviest I still didn't mind all of my extra curves....but because of my health issues I need to be smaller. So I will continue to do as much as I can to take care of my body but all the while I will continue to love myself just like I am! Work on this for you...that is the best gift you can give yourself!

Be well..be happy..be blessed~

No comments:

Post a Comment